Wednesday, November 17, 2010

because sometimes bad things happen to good people, too.

It's been a hard week here. Not so much for me, but for people I love very much.

See, on Sunday, it was a sad anniversary. A life was cut short some years ago. It was a horrible tragedy and I just can't, even now after years have past, make even the least bit of sense about it. Some tiny part of me clings to the impossible wish that one day we'll find out it was all some kind of cruel hoax and it had never happened.

Then this Sunday we almost had a repeat tragedy. One of my oldest and best friends was in a very bad car accident. I saw a photo of the vehicle today and would give anything to un-see it. It is truly a miracle that she survived and that she will recover. But the road to recovery will be long and hard for her and for her six children and her husband.

So tonight I ask for your prayers. I ask you to hold this family in the Light. I don't care who you pray to, but I ask you to pray.

And hold your loved ones tight and whisper a prayer of gratitude while you are at it.

No comments: